Home Advice Clinics Landlord-Tenant Help Family Law Help Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Foundation Volunteer Opportunities Contact Us

Veteran and Active Military Legal Services

Are you a veteran or active member of any branch of the US armed services?

Do you need help with a civil legal issue?

Civil issues include divorce, custody, child support and other family law issues, landlord-tenant problems, bankruptcy, foreclosure, record expungement, wills and estate issues, guardianship, etc.



If you are a veteran, in active military service or a famly member of a current or former service member, the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association's Volunteer Legal Services Program is here year-round to help you with civil legal issues. Many of our volunteers and staff are veterans. We understand the special issues you face and partner with community organizations you can trust to bring you the legal services you need when you cannot afford to hire an attorney.

Our volunteer attorneys and staff provide three regular legal clinics especially for you:

USO Transition Services (formerly RallyPoint/6) Legal Clinic - Open to ALL Veterans, Active Service Members and their Families
1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month, 6-8 p.m. at USO Transition Services, 9881 Bridgeport Way SW, Lakewood, WA 98499 - located directly behind the Black Angus Restaurant. USO clients may sign up for the clinic at the USO location, or call (253) 572-5134 -- this clinic is open to any legal issue including discharge upgrades and VA benefits questions.

Disabled Veterans Clinic at American Lake
For residents enrolled in programs at the American Lake Domiciliary.  Wednesday evenings, twice monthly. 

The Pierce County Prosecutor's Family Law Clinic for Veterans
Do you need more help or ongoing assistance with your family law case? Volunteers from the Pierce County Prosecutor's Office (many veterans themselves) are now offering a regular free legal clinic on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the evening at 621 Tacoma Avenue South, Suite 303. Call or e-mail now to be screened and signed up!

We are also here to help at any of our other clinics. PLEASE NOTE if you are a victim of a crime and have a civil legal issue you may be able to get help through our VOCA staff attorney, and if you have a Pierce County case but no longer live here, we can still help you by phone. Give us a call at (253) 572-5134 or e-mail vls@tacomaprobono.org.

Last updated June 13, 2017